GAA Cheer is a high energy program whose purpose is to strengthen the basics of cheerleading and motivate kids to participate in team sports. We teach motion skills, jumps, stunting, and spirit. Our aims for the program are to cultivate a feeling of accomplishment, teach leadership abilities, and build a constructive self-perception for everyone in the program. We intend to achieve these objectives by boosting positive behavior, healthy living habits, diligence, control, and determination. We believe that by nurturing these qualities, our younger generation will be successful not only athletically, but also in all other aspects of their lives.
Football Cheerleading Director: Radethra Latimer – firstname.lastname@example.org
Assistant Director: Ashanti S. Cannon – email@example.com
**Important Upcoming Dates**
May 6th– Uniform fitting from 9:00am-12:00pm at Grayson High School Tech Building Lecture Hall.
May 13th– Final uniform fitting and Final registration/ paperwork drop off 10:00am-2:00pm at Grayson High School.
Click Here for more important dates
2023 GAA Football Cheer Registration
Online Registration is still open!
May 11th– Final in person uniform fitting 6:30pm-7:30pm at Baycreek Park Baseball field- room near concession stand.
May 13th– Final virtual uniform fitting (you will take your cheerleader’s measurements and enter them based on the guidelines) and paperwork drop off 10:00am-2:00pm at Baycreek Park Baseball field- room near concession stand.
Physicals must be dated 2023 on a 2023 form. Originals only, copies are not accepted.
Birth certificates are not needed at this time, they will be uploaded at a later date.
2022 Football Cheer Registration Cost and Information
**Please bring a copy of your child’s birth certificate (with a raised seal) to uniform fittings if your child did not cheer last year**
**THESE FORMS ARE REQUIRED FOR ALL GFL CHEERLEADERS…NO EXCEPTIONS**
2023 GFL Physical Form – TBA — Examination / Physical MUST BE performed in 2023 — Any physical form dated before January 1, 2023, will NOT be accepted…NO EXCEPTIONS!
2023 GFL Registration Form – TBA
CLICK HERE for the COVID Waiver Form
What does the registration cost include?
- End of season trophy
- Camp Wear – (1) shirt, (1) pair of shorts and (1) bow
- Stunt clinic
- GAA Cheer Camp
- GFL fees (insurance)
- Field maintenance, lights and hospitality suite
- Other miscellaneous fees associated with both GAA and GFL
What is the mandatory spirit fee used for?
- Cheer Off expenses – Choreography, music, signs, etc…
- Pep Rally supplies
- Banners throughout the football season
- End of season banquet
- End of season gifts
- Other items as needed
Football Cheer Practice/Games
- Teams will typically have an average of two to three practices per week
- Practices are during the week, Monday-Thursday, at Bay Creek Park – Each coach will decide on their own practice days
- Girls will cheer at all Saturday games
- 8TH GRADE WILL CHEER 2 GAMES PER WEEK ON SATURDAY AS WELL AS HAVING PRACTICES UP TO 3 NIGHTS PER WEEK
- Games are held at Bay Creek as well as at other parks that participate in the Gwinnett Football League
- GFL sets the dates and locations of all games…GAA follows GFL’s schedule
**PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING**
- The Spirit Fee is $85.00 (Mascot $60.00) if paid by 11:59 PM, July 1, 2022. After that date, the fee increases to $110 (Mascot $85).
- The refund policy for the Grayson Athletic Association is there are no registration refunds allowed in any sport or activity. Exceptions may be made by the GAA Executive Board
- ALL OUT OF COUNTY cheerleaders will be required to pay an additional fee of $90.00
- Cheer Off shirts will be for sale for $15 each. We will also have additional spirit wear for sale
Age Groups Available
The League Age Chart is based on your child’s grade as of the 2022-23 school year:
|Students in Kindergarten can be a mascot, however, they are responsible for all of the same registration and uniform fees.|